The following are several carpet care tips that should enable you to maintain your carpet in mint condition with a minimum amount of time and effort in between professional cleanings:
1. Use a Powerful Vacuum Cleaner – this is probably the most effective way of keeping your carpet clean without too much effort. Vacuum your carpet as often as feasible in order to avoid the accumulation of dirt within its fibers.
2. Rake the Carpet – in order to clean your carpet thoroughly, try raking it before vacuuming. Raking will loosen accumulated dirt such as pet hairs and other large particles allowing the vacuum cleaner to concentrate on the finer ones.
3. Remove Stains and Spills Immediately – be sure to remove spills and stains as soon as possible. Use a reliable and effective mild cleaning agent to avoid harming the carpets surface with harsh chemicals. Spilled liquids should be sopped up using a clean, soft towel while solids should be immediately scraped off using a blunt palette type knife to avoid tearing the surface.
4. Minimize the Use of Stain Removers, Detergents and Shampoos – this will prevent the accumulation of harmful particles from these cleaning agents. When you do use them, try to extract the residue left by detergents as often as possible.
5. Never Leave a Carpet Soaked in Water – exposing a carpet to water for extended periods of time results in brownouts, shrinkage, mold, odors and various adhesion problems.
6. Never Cover-up a Carpets Dirt or Spots – this will only make the remaining residue more difficult to remove.
Professional Carpet Cleaning in Houston, Katy, Richmond, Sugar Land
For more tips and carpet maintenance answers, feel free to contact Affordable Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning.